What makes a great mentor?
In a recent article for Forbes Magazine, Patricia Duchene noted five values she says that great mentors share:
- Accessibility – being available
- Authenticity – genuinely interested to help you on your journey
- Objectivity – giving honest feedback and being ready to challenge as well as praise
- Continual Learning – open to new ideas and responsive to change
- Values – such as respect, honesty and kindness
At our events, we ask that all our mentors agree to work in accordance with these values.
We hope and expect that mentors will enjoy their time, and we ask that team members respect that mentors are volunteers offering you their time, wisdom and connections in order to help you and the wider Innovate Suffolk mission of making our county the best place to start and grow businesses!